Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The May 13

Today is the 4oth anniversary of the May 13 incident that haunted the Malaysian especially the non malay where ethnic clash happened.

I was not even born that time but I heard quite a number of story telling about this incident.

"There was an election just concluded in prior day and the non malay dominance party won the race. They rallied in the street of KL to celebrate their victory and during the rally, there is a clash with another party that loss in the election that was malay dominance"

Malaysian history never taught about that incident and what I have heard is true or not is also in doubt.

However, I notice that for 40 years, Malaysian tried to avoid this issue as it is a "Black Mark" in our history.

I understand that it was due to the May 13 incidents, NEP was introduced by the then Tun Abdul Razak and it implemented until today.

I wonder what is the co-relation between NEP and May 13 as our socio-economy structure remained the same. Those rich one become richer and the poor one become poorer regardless of the ethnic. Those who benefited is the one close to the politician.

Malaysian should stand up and fight for the "true equality" rather than ethnic discrimination. Poor malaysian should be given assistance and the government should distribute equaly all the wealth of Malaysia to the poor. Not all Malay are poor and not all non malay are rich. However, the "small Napolean" in the government administration treat the non malay the different way.

To be continue....


No comments: